Lets LINK and show what we are thankful for!

Friday, October 21

TGIF - 5QF

I must say that I LOVE Diva’s new school – they are more excited about parent involvement than anything.  Our old school was great and we had Smartboards and all the new-fangled stuff (PTO fee of almost $300!) and while the new school is older and has PROJECTORS with the clear films they PUSH parent INVOLVEMENT not just parents money (our PFO is $10).  We have a music program, art program, PT program... all parent run!!  I am in love.  I am volunteering in Diva’s class 1 time per month and genuinely enjoying mommy-hood.  Tonight is their school fundraiser Carnival... Diva is OVER THE MOON excited, in fact it was the first thing out of her cute morning breath laden mouth this morning.  Daddy is even volunteering in the silly string booth!  I am in love with my Friday!!

Questions for Friday, October 21st: (Special thanks to @eah1234, @katieb38, @nicgep1114, Sandy, and Lora [no blog link!] for their question suggestions! I would LOVE to link YOU in a future 5QF, but I need your questions to do it! C'mon over to my community and offer up your best question suggestions, or watch for my Thursday shout out on Twitter and offer them up that way! Just remember to @5crookedhalos me and use hashtag #5QF so I see it!)

1. Where do you escape to when you've had enough?
At this point I have NO escape – When Hubby was deployed I would put Diva to bed or nap and write to my hearts content but right now I have no where and it’s slowly getting to me... I must find a place.

2. What shows are you watching this fall?
We are pretty dialed into XFactor as a new show SVU as a 12 year staple (MISSING my Stabler!) and a little 90210 (Guilty Pleasure).

3. What was the longest roadtrip you've ever taken and where did you go?
I hate road trips... LOATHE them people.  I would rather get p*ssed off at TSA for groping me at the airport than sit in the car for anything over an hour or 2.  With that being said we took a two week road trip when I was 13 with my parents and little sister, 2 dogs and a motor home.  While I have some pretty funny memories of being attacked by geese, canoeing in a lake that we later found out had an alligator in it... and driving home in a 13 hour stretch because of the Landers quake (we borrowed the motor home from someone who ended up LOSING their home in the quake) I am not a fan of that type of trip...

4. Do you plan on taking your kids to Disney World?
No- We go to Disneyland every year so I don’t see the reason to fly clear across the country to visit the same place.... just sayin.

5. What is something people would surprised to know about you?
I am petrified to speak in public, I wish that Hubby would go active duty and the place I want to live MOST in the entire world is Virginia even though I hate being cold.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

I would trade you places! My hubby is stationed here in Virginia. Although, we were hoping for California because it is closer to our families. It has just started to get cooler here in Virginia. I would rather have the 70 to 80 degree weather. I don't like the cold!